What You Should Bring Along
Russian stores sell about the same products as in Europe and America, but the assortment can be very different from that offered in China or Japan. Experience shows that some products or commodities that international students are used to at home are either not available at all, or are much more expensive than at home. Therefore, please bring with you the following:
1. Medications for flu, colds, runny nose, cough, headache and stomachache, medications for burns, and insect repellents.
2. The dishes you need to cook national foods (these items are much more expensive in Russia).
3. Personal hygiene products.
4. Color and black-and-white 3x4 cm photos for documents.
5. Seasonal clothes and footwear.
We recommend purchasing winter clothes in Russia, because winter clothes purchased in warmer countries are sometimes not warm enough for the cold Russian winters.